Thursday, January 29, 2009

Surf's Up!

Now I have been waiting to do this post, because it is something I have wanted my entire life. I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to surf. Now growing up I lived nowhere near an ocean and was crushed when I figured out you cannot surf on a lake.

I have tried once since living near the Atlantic Ocean and it wasn't the best experience. I went with 8 other people. The weather was still pretty cool so we had 2 surf boards and 2 full body wet suits. This was the first time I had had any interaction with surfing, so of course the experienced surfers sent out the 2 newbies out on their own after everyone else. First I had to but on a wet, wet suit. (This is one of the worst experiences I have EVER had) Then once we got out in the water it was going ok until the sky opened up. A thunder a
nd lightening storm hit and we were stuck in the water with HUGE waves.

Needless to say it wasn't the best first experience, but I was so excited to come back and tell my roommates I had gone surfing :D I've always vowed that I will learn and it will become one of my greatest pass times.



Now back to work, but I will post more later about surfing around the GBR!

No comments:

Post a Comment